Saturday, March 5, 2011

Renovate Brooklyn! Day Twenty-Five and 7/8th: Totally Awesome.

As Promised, Here Are The "After" Shots Of Our 
***Painted Floor Extravaganza!*** 



If I may toot my own horn, I am pretty darn pleased with the outcome. I think it's kind of fantastic how the pattern continues on from the living room into the kitchen, it doesn't feel too much like a psychedelic-nightmare, and to top it all off, it was a lot less time consuming than I originally expected.


Here's the play-by-play: I finished work a little early yesterday, took a nap with the dog because I'm still on my death-bed with this cold, and then around 6:00, I started painting the living room floor the base color, obviously named Woodrow Wilson Linen (3005-10C) by Valspar. By 8:00, John was home and I was already starting to map out the squares with a ruler and pencil, using an extra one of the kitchen tiles as a template. Genius! 


By 10:00, we had eaten dinner and John was well into "The Big Lebowski", while I merrily painted every other square on the floor a color called Oregon Coast (6007-1C) by Valspar. By midnight, I was sleepy. But the floor was painted. It took a great deal of persuading by John to keep me from pulling off all of the tape last night. But he has always been the patient one in this outfit. Needless to say, he is also the wiser one, and this morning, everything was dry and looked great... Now to tackle the other half of the room... On Monday. This weekend, I'm sleeping. 

Another victory for the home team! 

No comments:

Post a Comment