Monday, October 31, 2011

Renovate Brooklyn: Street Find Prize!


Last week, my assistant Tess and I were walking along East 55th Street when we came upon this prize, leaning against a trash bin...

A gigantic, ornate curly-que mirror, just begging for a second lease on life! I've decided that with a couple of coats of paint, this could be a fantastic addition to our dining room bookcase and for $0.00, it's just the right price!


Miraculously, even though there was a small chip off of the frame, even the little piece was there waiting to be glued back on... Which is just what I did! Then a couple of coats of Benjamin Moore's "Flame" (2012-20) later, and voila! A new addition to the dining room, bright and fabulous!

Check it out! 


*If you've got a keen eye, you might also recognize John's "Big Ben" hat from Halloween. I haven't decided how long that will stay up there-- maybe a while? I kind of love it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment