We found the recipe online, from that kook-adoo chef with the crazy hair, Anne Burrell. I tell you, she may have a gravity-defying do, but the lady can cook!
- Kosher salt
- 2 pounds shelled fava beans
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 pound bacon, cut into lardons, optional (but I highly recommend it)
- **This is where Ms. Burrell and I part ways. We skipped the bacon, and didn't regret it in the slightest.**
- 1 large onion, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 ribs celery, cut onto 1/2-inch dice
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves garlic, 2 smashed, 1 reserved whole
- 1 large Yukon gold potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 4 to 5 cups vegetable or chicken stock *We did 1/2 and 1/2, veggie/chicken stock.
- 2 to 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- High quality extra-virgin olive oil *Also optional, depending on how healthy you're determined to be...