Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Sliver O' Celebrity!

A long while ago, Nate Berkus and his crew came out to Fox Ridge and filmed our little house in all its splendor, and included the segment on his day-time television show, "The Nate Show".

Many months later, I was approached by his publicist to participate in a book that he was compiling about people and their homes, and how their collections speak to who they are... Of course I was thrilled to be included, and happily hosted his crew back at the house for another round of photos and an interview. Totally cool!  


Fast forward to a few months ago, when I got a call from Nate Berkus himself, telling me that the vast majority of my piece had been cut from the book (bummer!) along with Maya Angelou's and Julianne Moore's (at least I was cut in good company), but that he'd like to include us all in a sub-section called "Things that Matter to..." which would focus on the one object in our home that we hold most dear and why...

Since beggars can't be choosers, I obligingly obliged, and today a copy of the book arrived in the mail!  Check out my little snippet below, and the lovely little sketch that accompanied it! And if you want to buy a copy of Nate's new book, you can find it here!


1 comment: