Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Since last week...

I don't want you to think we haven't been doing anything-- it's just that very little of it has felt "blog worthy"...

Most recently, I bought a fabulous, lightly-used rug on Craig's List for $250.00, which is currently rolled out in our living room in Brooklyn, but is eventually intended for the living room of the house we don't own yet, in upstate New York.

Yes, I am putting the cart before the horse.

Want to make a thing of it?

I actually dated this rug, via Craig's List, for several weekends, trying to find a time when the seller and I were both available to pick it up. According to the seller, it was originally purchased from ABC Carpet & Home (a fancy-shmancy home store in NYC) for $3,000.00, but when they moved into their new apartment, it was just too big for the place, so they've essentially had it rolled up ever since. When I showed up, they had it rolled out in their unbelievable nice apartment overlooking Prospect Park, which gave me additional confidence that I wasn't bringing home some icky, bed-bug-ridden, faux-rug. Not that fancy people can't have bed-bugs, but the odds seem somehow less. Is that terrible of me to say out loud?

Possibly.

It's a gorgeous carpet and I'm positive it's going to look awesome in the new farm house, but right now our living room and dining room look like we're living in a carpet showroom because there is so much oriental carpet in every direction...

That said, I've realized I actually really like having a rug under the dining room table, so now I'm back on the hunt for another carpet to use in Brooklyn.

Home improvement never ends...

No comments:

Post a Comment