Sunday, May 19, 2013

Drat! D-I-Y escapee!

I woke up in the middle of the night and thought, "Sh--t! I just gave away a perfect D-I-Y project." How could I have missed it? I guess I was so knee-deep (drowning might be the more accurate word) in moving boxes, truck negotiations, baby food, and actual life that it just sauntered right past me. Buggar.

Here's the scoop: We had this huge brass lamp that was a hand-me-down from someone, somewhere, at some point. Let's be honest: kind of a beast, pretty ugly. To best articulate its charm, let me say that it remained in our possession after it was labeled "FREE" at the yard sale. John tried to donate it to the Salvation Army and they refused it. So-- at first glance-- not exactly a great beauty.

BUT, in the middle of the night, I suddenly realized that with a new more modern lamp shade and a coat of rust-o-leum matte finish spray paint (I'm thinking probably white...) that lamp could be totally transformed!

So, first thing tomorrow, I'm calling the consignment store where John literally begged the owner to take it, to see if she still has it in her shop. If she does, I'm thinking I'm going to swing by and pick it up, to see if we can't give that lamp a new run at life!

Arriba!

No comments:

Post a Comment