Sunday, June 9, 2013

Farmhouse Day Two: Moving Along!

I am so far behind in blogging, I don't know where to start. We're making some serious headway on the farm house renovations, though there is still a world of work to be done.

I happened to be over in the Build-It-Green neighborhood of Brooklyn last week (Gowanus) and stopped by to see what was happening there. Specifically, I was wondering if they had any kitchen cabinet possibilities, since we were still in the market after our last heart-breaking venture at Built-It Green, when we hesitated on cabinets and they were sold before we could make up our minds. This time I was NOT going to make the same mistake!

I sent this sequence of lousy photos to John when I found a set of antique pine bead-board-and-glass cabinets that had been salvaged from a hunting mansion in Connecticut on the Long Island Sound.





Basically, I literally sent him a text. 1-2-3-4 bad photos, followed by "$400.00. Yes or no?"

10 minutes later, we were the proud owner of these four cabinets, and two antique light fixtures to boot!


The good news: The light fixtures were on super sale (yes-- things can get cheaper at BIGNYC!) and the big fixture was a whopping $50.00 (almost 54" long) and the smaller globey light was only $30.00.
WHAAA----AAATTT????? According to their price tags, they were $750.00 and $495.00 originally, so I'm pretty chuffed with my savings, I'm not gonna lie.


Major movement people! 

No comments:

Post a Comment