Monday, March 3, 2014

Trying something new (and delicious) tonight!

In the true spirit of the original After-Dinner Design blog, I'm returning to my roots and blogging about cooking too. Because, let's be honest, I don't have enough sh-#@ on my plate, so I'm also going to try to keep things gourmet around here too.

Sleep is for the weak. 

This evening we've got friends coming for dinner, and I thought I'd try something new. In particular, I had the hankering for a tried-but-true "starch-on-starch", and for some reason thought that putting cauliflower on a baguette with some fresh ricotta cheese was the way to make it happen.

I bought the ingredients at the grocery, and then just crossed my fingers that I would rustle up a recipe online. Well-- evidently I'm not the only imbecile who wants to eat my cauliflower on a toasty, because this is what I found-- and it's what I'm making! (Albeit, with a couple of small alterations...)

Hello toasty. 

Ingredients
1 French Baguette, sliced and toasted 
1 Head of Cauliflower, broken apart and roasted with 2 TB Olive Oil
5 OZ Ricotta Cheese
1/4 Cup Golden Raisins
1/4 Cup Capers 
Salt & Pepper to taste 
While everything is roasting and toasting mix together 5 ounces of ricotta cheese, ¼ cup of capers and ¼ cup golden raisins. Once the cauliflower is roasted to your liking, drop it into the cheese mixture, if some of the olive oil falls in too, I won’t be mad. Combine.
Now place a heaping spoon (tea or table) of the cauliflower goodness onto your toasted baguette.

And Devour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment