Sunday, March 29, 2015

Moving Right Along! (At a snail's pace.)

It hasn't exactly been a lighting-fast progression up at the farm, namely because one of my friends is having a NYC-specific crisis (her building lost its Certificate of Occupancy and everybody is OUT!) so it's been a frenzied non-project-focused weekend upstate, with a group of unexpected house-guests who are far more focused on looking at real estate than installing panel walls.

I did, however, stand strong on my detour to New Jersey on my way upstate, and picked up my fantastic William Morris wallpaper-- my latest Craig's List victory. This wallpaper is just lovely-- and ordinarily significantly more expensive-- so assuming it doesn't kill me or ruin my relationship with my family (my mother has said she'll help me hang it up the stairs...) it is going to be such a stunning addition to our farmhouse.

But-- I'm not stopping there. I found another incredible (slightly kooky!) bucolic landscape wallpaper, and I think we're going to install that in the bathroom downstairs. It's a little bizarre, I'll give you that, but it's also $95.00 for an enormous amount of wallpaper, and I have a strange feeling it's going to be AWESOME once it's installed. So-- weird or otherwise-- I'm taking the plunge. (And if it's really that bad, I only have to live with it until we can afford to chop the bathroom off our house... just a mere 10-20 years from now...)

Inconveniently, that wallpaper (also a Craig's List find) is located out on Long Island, but conveniently I happen to be headed out to East Hampton this week for a (professional) project I'm working on, so lickity-split, that wallpaper shall be mine!

Oh baby. It's gettin' weird up in here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment