Thursday, September 8, 2011

Renovate Brooklyn: Office Chair Reupholstered!

A few weeks ago, I picked up an old, mid-century style office chair at a yard sale. The back was a little busted up, and the seat cushions were made of worn and grungy black leather, but with a $5.00 price tag, I thought it had lots of potential. And if not, I could roll it out to the curb without much heartbreak or money wasted, that was for sure!

I plotted to recover the seat, repair the broken frame, and then recover another chair in the kitchen in the same fabric so they created a lovely cohesive corner of my kitchen...

Well, done and done!

A little wood-putty and a bit of dark wood stain later, plus roughly one-and-a-half yards of this gorgeous fabric, and I've got two "new-to-me" chairs that are brightening up the home-office corner of my kitchen.

I'm contemplating using the remaining fabric to build two window valances for another little POP of color, but I guess I'll have to see how busy the weekend proves itself to be...

4 comments:

  1. Christina, this is what I've been looking to do in my office!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say, I thought this was a pretty interesting read when it comes to this topic. Liked the material. . .
    ​best office chair 200

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the best office chair under 200. Recently I ordered 20 similar chairs like this chair. this is the best comfortable office chair i ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your website is really cool and this is a great inspiring article.
    http://www.renosingapore.com/

    ReplyDelete