Thursday, December 1, 2011

Am I a sucker? Maybe...

I just bumped into something so charming on the Design-Within-Reach website. First, it should be mentioned that "Design-Within-Reach" is a complete misnomer, as there is almost nothing within reach in that astoundingly expensive store. That aside-- check out these lovely miniature iconic chairs on their site:


I mean seriously. Is that not the cutest Eames' chair you've ever seen? It kind of makes me want to design an entire miniature psychoanalyst office, just so I can incorporate one of those... Holy cow.


And of course, the ever-popular Barcelona Chair, from Mies van der Rohe's pavilion... 
(I was just teaching my assistant about this chair and the famous Barcelona Pavilion last week!) 


I'm mean really. That's pretty freakin' cute. Check out Marcel Breuer's mini-Wassily Chair down below. That's a pretty famous one too.  Less than 6" tall. Too bad they cost more than I can pay for a FULL-SIZED chair! 


But for the man (architecture fanatic) that has everything, these would make really terrific Christmas presents...

No comments:

Post a Comment