Saturday, December 17, 2011

Hip-Hip-Hooray for the Holidays!

Note: Not our tree... : )
On Thursday night, John and I threw a grand holiday party, and it gave us an opportunity (okay, it gave me an opportunity) to get our apartment decorated for the holidays.


BIG CONFESSION: Despite my cynical-hardened-urban-exterior, I am actually crazy for the Holidays! I love Christmas songs! (Even when they're playing in the pharmacy in early November!) I love the lights that go up all over the city! I love the latkes for Hanukah! I love decorating the tree! I love wrapping the presents! I love doing the candle-lighting with John! Eight Days! I LOVE shopping for the presents! I love the Christmas eve feast and the Christmas Day coma!

Literally, I like every single part of the holidays! 

So this year, in preparation for our grand soirée, I decorated even more than usual. Now-- by "more than usual", what I mean is that we did more than just decorate the tree. Keep in mind that we don't have a palatial apartment in Brooklyn, so there is no mantle to decorate, no staircase to wrap in garland, but we do have two great "up-top" spots that were just begging for decoration. I decided that I was going to wind pine garland and colorful christmas lights above the kitchen cabinets and above the dining room wall unit, and with literally $9.00 spent ($7.00 for 25 feet of garland, $2.00 for lights) our house was transformed into a wintery-wonderland!

I looked around online, and found some other beautiful inspiration for holiday decorations... Take a peek!

Thank you Martha! 
Yow-zah! Dachsund menorah!
Thanks again to the brilliant Martha Stewart! 
Holy smokes! Look at this fabulous version of a menorah! Thanks to Jonathan Adler... 
Cute bannister decorations too! 
Bummer we don't have our own staircase!

Sadly, I completely forgot to take photos of our decorations, so you'll have to wait until tomorrow night to see just how festive Brooklyn is looking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment