Thursday, January 12, 2012

Brooklyn's On the Cutting Edge!

While in the dreaded D & D yesterday (not Dungeons & Dragons, but almost: the Decorator & Designer building) I spotted a great treat and a wonderful surprise! Centered in one of Lee Jofa's staged living rooms was this gorgeous wooden model staircase! Are we on top of things or what?!


In case you've forgotten, I bought one of these incredible staircases as a birthday present to myself last fall- at a little book store in Paris. It was one of the most expensive things I've ever bought for my own enjoyment, but possibly one of the cheapest miniature staircases to grace the planet based on the ones I've seen subsequently. I don't even want to know how much the one in the D & D sells for. I bet the kleenex is expensive in there! 


Never the less, it is always a pleasure to see beautiful things, and seeing the one in the D & D brought a smile to my face. And make me yearn to go home. : ) 

I'll be back soon with lots of new projects! Don't despair! 

No comments:

Post a Comment