Saturday, January 21, 2012

Busy Bees! Buzzzzz....


As promised, John and I are tackling the task of repainting/repairing the two bedrooms up at Fox Ridge. It's no small undertaking-- there was a fair amount of plastering to be done in one bedroom (the blessings of an old-and-fluctuating-in-humidity-angled-roofed-house and a weird "access panel" that was a vestige from a frozen-pipe-flood before we bought the house) and then a whole lot of painting and edging in the other bedroom. Admittedly, there are also plenty of nail holes to fill in; I am an unabashed mover-and-rehanger-of-art, leaving a trail of hole-y woe in my wake.

We decided to divide and conquer-- John working on the scraping and spackling in one bedroom while I worked on the painting in the other room. In the picture below, you can see our bedroom in the midst.
Encroaching from the left, you can see the new color, the ever-lovely "Quiet Moments" by Benjamin Moore (1563). On the right, the color disappearing is an oldie but a goodie, Benjamin Moore's "Cameo White" (915).  We actually moved all of the furniture around last weekend, so at least I know where everything is going once we're finished, but right now, the upstairs is in a state of utter anarchy, and we've resigned ourselves to a night on the sofa bed in the living room. Which, I confess, is kind of fun. I love an adventure!

Onward and upward, eh?! Luckily, there is so much snow up here, there's really nothing else to do but paint. So hopefully we'll have these rooms squared away by tomorrow night!

P.S. I'll try and hunt down some "before" photos, and we can do a little "before-and-after" montage tomorrow.  

Double P.S. Yes, for those of you who noticed, we did just paint our bathroom in the city the same "Quiet Moments" that we're painting up here now. What can I tell you? I am driven by both economy and aesthetics in this instance, because I'm absolutely BONKERS for this color, but also because we still had almost a full gallon leftover once John finished in the bathroom. So- there you go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment