Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Eames Chair, Revealed!


My magician upholsterer finished work on the famous hand-me-down Eames lounge chair yesterday, so I eagerly zipped to Long Island City to pick it up. It is fabulous, wild-and-crazy, and I'm pretty stoked about the transformation it brings to the living room. The upholsterer also had some left-over fabric, so he's making me a couple of throw pillows on the cheap, which should integrate the bold IKAT fabric nicely into the more neutral palette of the sofa. All in all, a very exciting addition to our ever-evolving home!


I mean- wow! That baby's got charisma! We don't have to mince words here folks, it isn't an "unstated" piece by any means, but I think it's a fun pop to add to our palette. The upholsterer also re-stuffed the ottoman and the chair, so in addition to looking great, it's now super comfortable. Originally I had a little guilt about not trying to do this project D-I-Y, but now that it's here, I can see the unquestionable benefits of leaving some things to the experts. He clearly knows what he's doing, where as things are a little foggier (and more profanity strewn) when I attempt a reupholstery project. : ) 


1 comment:

  1. Hi! I need to reupholster a couch. Could I have your guy's contact information? Thanks!

    carol@elbrooklyntaco.com

    ReplyDelete