Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Good excuses for not starting on home renovation project sooner...

A few posts ago, I mentioned that John and I are planning to start another major home renovation project in early May, putting up a wall to divide our guest room ("the room that we walk through") into a smaller bedroom and creating a little hallway that will lead to our bedroom... Why aren't we starting now, you ask? Since when do I ever delay tackling a gigantic, mess-producing home improvement project? (Okay... sometimes, but this isn't a case of typical procrastination.) We've got a good excuse for procrastinating! It's because we're not in New York! You might remember that a couple posts back, I also casually mentioned a little international travel... Well, it turns out it wasn't so little.

We're actually back in PARIS for a couple weeks, celebrating the wedding on our friends Martina & Malik (they are our Parisian soul mates, the french-speaking version of John and me, only with better style and better manners.)


Then we're hopping on another plane, and flying to RIO de JANEIRO, Brazil, to celebrate ANOTHER wedding-- the wedding of my brother and his fiancĂ©e Thais! All of this is very exciting and we're already having a blast...

Because our priorities are in the right place (?), we've primarily collected pictures of beautiful food at this point, but I promise we'll get around to some more productive "design-based" photos before we head off to Rio...

In the meantime, enjoy a little bit of Parisian eye candy... 

The strawberries shown here are silly good. Like, why-eat-another-strawberry-that-isn't-like-this-ever-again amounts of good... I'm actually genuinely concerned that these strawberries may overshadow all my future strawberries. Maybe it is actually better not to know that something this delicious exists?

These artichokes are another parisian anomaly-- literally larger than my hands! Literally! I haven't yet had the hootz-pah to try cooking these bad boys, so they remain in my memory only as the largest-freaking-artichokes I have ever seen, until next week when I'll hopefully muster the courage to find out if they're the most-delicious-freaking-artichokes I have ever eaten...



I promise I'll be in touch with more good updates and stories during the next few weeks-- we have lots of good news to tell, so don't forget to check back soon! 

2 comments:

  1. Those strawberries will absolutely ruin all American strawberries for you they did it for me. Oh how I wish I could taste them again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so moved!
    And so happy to have you in Paris...
    Martina & Malik

    ReplyDelete