Sunday, July 29, 2012

Lying to you is like lying to myself...


I wasn't going to even mention these, because I've only just admitted to the major glut of artwork that has already been purchased for the baby's room, but then I realized that there's really nothing to be gained from lying to my audience. Full disclosure here, people! There's actually more...

I know. I'm hopeless.


But seriously. That first one is a fox in a party hat. The second is a fox and a monkey, seemingly making magic... 


And the third is clearly a fox, with some kind of flying squirrel or sugar glider, hanging party decorations.   These are actually hand-stitched little greeting cards made by Coral & Tusk, but I'm probably going to frame them and lean them on the shelves in his room. Maybe they don't officially count as "art work" since they're only 3" X 5" in size, but they're HUGE on charm! (I should mention that visiting the Coral & Tusk website is a dangerous act -- there is A LOT of cute embroidered stuff on there-- so don't dabble lightly. You will get caught in their snare.) 

You may or may not know this about me, but I'm a major fox-enthusiast, so I couldn't resist incorporating foxes into the nursery in a couple of different ways... Needless to say, these cards simply couldn't be left behind! You might remember seeing the orange fox blanket that John's mom gave me for my birthday last year, which was an early addition to the baby's room...


...or the fox that is a part of the nifty djeco mobile that will be circling above the baby's crib... 


Now there will also be three unbelievably cute embroidered fox-y cards sitting in there too... All pretty darn cute if you ask me. Plus, every time I look at that fox in the party hat, it actually makes me giggle out loud, which should be a real mood brightener at two in the morning when we can't get the baby to fall asleep. : ) 

This kid is going to be up to his eyeballs in art! 

Worst things have happened, right? : ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment