Take this baby for a spin-- I'm positive that you'll enjoy it too.
Passover Linzer Torte
- 1/2 cup cake meal
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1 cup parve margarine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup unpeeled grated almonds or filberts
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs separated
- Your favorite raspberry jam
- Combine the cake meal and the potato starch in a processor workbowl. With the cutting blade cut in the margarine.
- Add the sugar, almonds, cinnamon and egg yolks and mix until smooth and well blended·
- Take 2/3 of the dough and press over the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of an ungreased 9 inch springform pan.
- Spread with 1/2 cup or more of raspberry jam.
- Gently squeeze egg sized balls of remaining dough between your fingertips to make ropes for the lattice top. As you squeeze the rope place it on the top of the jam to simulate a weaving. This dough can not easily be handled, but don’t worry because the ropes don’t have to be perfect because they become smooth during baking.
- Fasten the dough to the rim of dough and smooth it out pressing lightly.
- Beat egg whites slightly and brush over the top of the lattice.
- Place the springform pan on a cookie sheet with very low sides and bake at 325F for1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Partly cool before removing the rim of the pan. Do not attempt to remove the base of the pan. Serve the cake from the base.