Saturday, April 13, 2013

Small victories...

Things are NOT GOING WELL with the new house right now (I don't really want to go into the details just yet, but let's leave it at the plumbing trifecta: septic, well, boiler.)

Oh my.

I'm trying not to dwell on the negative, and since I've already got my knickers in a twist about losing the Build-It-Green kitchen cabinets, this latest discovery is a little "icing on my boo-hoo-pity-cake."

BUT I AM TRYING NOT TO DWELL ON THE NEGATIVE, so let's talk about what has been accomplished! I don't know if you remember, but our oven kicked the bucket last week, and after some savvy hunting on Craig's List and Build-It-Green, I just gave up and we bought a reasonably inexpensive oven from Lowe's. Normally I prefer to take a more unconventional approach to purchasing appliances (okay, everything) but we had to negotiate the purchase with our landlord, and he preferred us to buy something standard and equipped with a warranty. BORING! 

So after a little discussion about stainless steel vs. white, we decided to go with a well-reviewed white whirlpool 4-burner standard fare gas stove. Nothing much to write home about, but in all honesty, it actually looks much better and brighter than our old stove, so I guess that's a silver lining. I'm a little underwhelmed by the general quality of the stove-- it's considerably more flimsy feeling than our old stove (which I'm sure was not a marvelous quality to begin with.) The whole stove was literally hot to the touch when we used it on Thursday night. Not exactly a rave debut, but it did do it's job (cooking) without event, so that's a step up from a broken stove, right?

Let's not dwell on the negative. 

No comments:

Post a Comment