Friday, July 12, 2013

If all goes well...

Okay, that's never a good way to start a blog post. It's just tempting fate, let's be honest. Especially if you're the proud owner of a money pit. You'd think I'd know better by now.

But what's done is done. I've said it, so let's just keep on rolling here.

About three weeks ago, I found a like-new fridge on Craig's List, and I've been emailing with the seller ever since. The fridge is like-new because it's a showroom model from an appliance store in the Bronx. According to rumor (and the salesman selling me the fridge) the fridge, a Summit FFBF280W, is fresh-out-of-the-box, in pristine condition, and even comes with a warranty (granted-- it's brief. It's only a 30-day warranty.) I did a good amount of research and the fridge comes with rave reviews, so fingers-crossed, this baby is gonna be a gem, not a dud.

Here's the online image:

So... The good news is that my fridge is only $400.00 because it was already removed from its box. The normal price is $1,239.00, so that's pretty darn good news, right off the bat.  The very good news is that my Bronx-based salesman has agreed to deliver my Summit FFBF280W to our house in Callicoon for an additional $150.00. Considering refrigerators are heavy and we've got our hands full at the farm, $150.00 seemed like a good price to have a fridge miraculously appear in our kitchen. Also, NOT picking up a refrigerator in the Bronx on a Friday afternoon is worth far more than $150.00. The really good news is that he's going to deliver it TOMORROW MORNING!

Hooray!

I'm so excited to switch over to this fancy-pants fridge. The one that came with the farmhouse had a fierce inch of mold in the freezer, and even though I've scrubbed it clean (numerous times), my memory of the mold is vivid and unwavering. Not only that, but it's a monster of a thing-- a true suburban fridge-- so we're thinking we'll move it into the basement as a back up for holidays and social events, and use this svelte new one upstairs!  

Hopefully, if all goes well, I'll be able to blog a photo of my actual refrigerator tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment