Monday, July 15, 2013

Plugging right along in the dining room...


What with our never-ending to-do list, it is often hard to decide what to tackle first, and in what order. But there are somethings that are just too tempting to ignore, even if they're actually very low priority. 

One such example (I have a long list if you're interested...) is painting the inside of the dining room built-ins. I decided, pretty much on a whim, to paint the cabinets Benjamin Moore's "Euro Blue". I confess, this was some seriously whim decision making-- basically it was on sale-- and I was like, "Yeah. That seems good." And voila-- the interior of my cabinets went from icky-creamy-old-sticky-dirty to "Euro Blue!"

Bang! 

At left, you can see the cabinet, post-painting the exterior (Benjamin Moore's "Beach Glass" on the walls, Benjamin Moore's "Decorator's White" on the wood work and trim); and then below, you can see the interior of the cabinet, post-painting. Considering it was a bit of a gamble, I'm pretty darn pleased with the results.

Imagine my pleasant surprise when I discovered that the folks at Elle Decor are also excited about "Euro Blue". Albeit, they're calling it "Indigo" and it primarily manifests in crazy-frigging-prints, but that's because they're fancier than me, and apparently more adventurous too. That said,

I'm totally cutting edge! 


No comments:

Post a Comment