Thursday, August 29, 2013

Please. Give me a daughter.

Whoa. Everybody get ahold of yourselves. John and I are about 1-10 years from discussing having another kid, so don't worry-- that is NOT happening right now. However, I just found this rug and sheets on the Dwell Studio website and I'm freaking out. They are literally the cutest two things ever (aside from Jules, obviously), and if I have a baby girl while this stuff is still being sold, I may be reduced to the rank of "parents-who-have-paid-too-much-for-their-children's-bedding". Yes. That is a club. I've been bobbing and weaving, trying to dodge induction into that club since my first ultrasound, but I think it's safe to say, I've been brought to my knees by this stuff.

To be honest, I would buy two of the pinwheel rug for Julian's new room upstate in a heartbeat, if I was even REMOTELY in a position to spend $1,000.00 on rugs. (I'd need two because his new room is going to be too big for one 5' X 8' rug.) This "Bull's Eye Rug" from West Elm is a decent runner-up to the "Pinwheel Rug", but let's be honest. It's a runner-up.


However-- you should hold onto your hats with these curtains to match... Good grief!


I mean, good grief! That would be one seriously cute kids room. Girl or boy.

If I ever win the lottery, I'm buying two pinwheel rugs and those curtains. 

Good thing the odds are against me, or I'd have to decide if I was going to buy blue, red, yellow, or green tassels. That could be tough.

1 comment:

  1. No, no, no.... You wait on the rug til it goes on sale and you MAKE the curtains. IKEA must have similar white/cream curtains.... you just sew on the gimp trim. Or you ask The Mother Figure... I've seen how besotted she is with Master Jules. :-)

    ReplyDelete