Saturday, February 14, 2015

A Girl After My Own Heart

Someone just showed me an article in the Minneapolis Star Tribune about another designer who decorated her home with Craig's List finds...

While our styles aren't exactly similar, our ethos and our thriftiness definitely are! And her article came along with some great "How-To-Shop Craig's List" hints that are terrific, so take a gander...


(Weirdly, I can't find the tips on the Star Tribune website, so you're just going to have to find a magnifying glass to read them in the photo at left...)

I'm going to channel her tomorrow night, while trolling my local Craig's List for more vintage maps to add to my hallway collection... 

My map collection has made a massive step toward completion recently-- my dad has been working on matting and framing them, I just did a snazzy project to add patina to all of the mix-and-match frames I'd spray-painted gold, and I should have them all up and hanging by this evening. I'll post photos tomorrow of the maps as well as all of the other projects we're tackling this weekend. But here's one hint: those antique brass sconces are going up-- AS WE SPEAK

No comments:

Post a Comment