Friday, April 24, 2015

Back to the grind.

Alright, I've had my fun. I slept, I ate, I hung out with my family and played on the beach. I had a glass of rose on a terrace. Enough is enough for god sake.

Let's get down to business. 

All of last week's itinerary is back in play (the flip side of relaxing is not getting anything done, sadly, so there is still plenty of "to-do" remaining up in the attic...) and I'm still excited about painting that vintage light fixture and spray painting my medicine cabinet. Gaw! I'm such a dork. I'm not going to lie. I've been yearning to do those projects since last weekend. It's like I don't know how to relax. Or more specifically, I know how to relax in a very precise context. Essentially, I am able to relax for about one hour after a long day of home improvement or many many productive hours of work. There's a satisfaction that washes over you when you've made a major dent on a project, or better yet-- finished a project-- and for about an hour, I can sit and enjoy a glass of wine while I admire my accomplishments. And then about an hour later, I'm like, "For my next project, I want to..." or "You know what I really want to do???".

It's tragic really. Though it's also very motivating. 

Let's focus on the positive side for now, and we can address my obvious need for counseling once my farmhouse renovation is finished.

Check back in tomorrow to see some photos of our progress. Onwards and upwards!

(And yes. That is me as a kid. Am I the only one that thinks I look like I'm taking that ice cream extremely seriously? Maybe I couldn't even relax back then...)

No comments:

Post a Comment