Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Latest Craig's List bounty!

Not because I didn't have a million other things to do, but I confess-- I devoted a portion of my morning to cruising Brooklyn, picking up all of my latest Craig's List finds.

(Don't worry. I also had a dozen phone meetings via the miracle of blue-tooth. Now that's what I call multi-tasking!)

I had two major scores to collect this morning-- the first: A truly lovely lady ancestor, gold-carved frame and all, which I picked up from an equally lovely Ukrainian lady out near Coney Island for $125.00.



Then I carried on a little farther and stopped near Jones Beach to pick up this exceptional Moravian Star Light Fixture. This beauty is a gen-uine antique, not one of those "Shades Of Light" knock offs, and should definitely have cost me considerably more...

I've got grand plans to hang this gem in our master bathroom, and then move the schoolhouse light that was hanging there (one of a pair we snagged from Freeman's Alley when they were renovating!) up into the attic. I wasn't able to find an antique one of these Moravian Stars with a price online, but even nice reproductions cost a couple hundred dollars, minimum, so the $30.00 I handed over for this seems like one heck of a deal.

The best news: The guy I bought it from was just as happy to get rid of it as I was to acquire it, so jolly bean all around!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment