Sunday, August 7, 2011

Renovate Brooklyn: Here's A Little Side Project!

While The Mother Figure was in town, we stopped by a flea market upstate, and picked up this pair of mid-century side chairs. For $2.00 each.




What? Yes, $2.00, EACH!




















(If it makes you feel any better, the rest of the flea market was a total junker, and it was hot as H-E-L-L, so we totally needed a gem to keep momentum up...) The fabric was a little grotty on them (hence the price tag?), but since I had some left over orange fabric from the pillows we made in the living room,  I recovered the seats in that material, and hopefully it will make those two ultra-budget chairs look right at home in my recently renovated living room.


I'll include an "AFTER" photo of both recovered chairs later this weekend when I'll also feature photos of our jazzy new dining room

Hope everyone is having a terrific weekend! 

1 comment:

  1. I love them! So much, that I bought the whole set :). I found six with the table that goes with them at a local Salvation Army store. I refinished them ad recovered the seats, and they are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete