Sunday, June 17, 2012

The hunt is... over?


You're never going to believe this, but I think the hunt for our sputnik chandelier may finally have come to a close. While prowling Craig's List at 3:00 a.m. on Friday morning (one of the perks of pregnancy is my complete inability to sleep) I found a sputnik chandelier that was being sold for $250.00 by a woman in Fairfield, Connecticut! 

Don't judge too harshly based on the photograph at left-- once it's spruced up with some snazzy frosted glass globe bulbs and it's hanging from my living room ceiling, you'll see why I was so excited to find one of these babies listed for $250.00, even if it was in Connecticut. 

By sheer coincidence, John's aunt Irene, an enthusiastic Craig's List-er herself, was driving from Boston to New York that very day, literally driving right past Fairfield on her way down. I emailed the seller, eagerly called Irene, and after a little bit of back-and-forth-coordinating, it was agreed that Irene would swing by and pick up the chandelier on the way back up to Boston, and then she is going to bring it back down to Brooklyn at the beginning of July, when she's returning to New York for our baby shower. 

Of course, when Irene arrived in Connecticut, she and the seller hit it off like a house on fire, and now I'm pretty sure I've got a friend in Fairfield if I ever need one. Leave it to Irene! : ) 

The verdict on the chandelier is out until the beginning of July, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be the perfect addition to our living room. Needless to say, I'm pretty impatient waiting for its ETA. 

I'll report back soon! 

2 comments:

  1. Me too! I can't wait for Irene to drive back down to the city so we can put it up!! I'll keep you posted on our progress...

    ReplyDelete