Sunday, November 4, 2012

Perfecting the art of the throw blanket...

A time consuming task, as it turns out.

I've always kept a throw blanket on our sofa, primarily to off-set the dog-on-fabric ratio between William and our slick new-to-us Room & Board sofa. However, until I recently saw the image below in the November issue of House Beautiful, I was never really sure what to do with a throw on the couch. I'm really digging the way they positioned their throw and think this is a pretty fine suggestion...


Now that I'd identified this stylish approach to the throw blanket, I attempted to recreate it in our living room. Granted, we're a little light on the grand portraiture paintings and the gold gilt frames, but there's no reason our throw blanket can't convey a posh air, by gad! 


Except, as it turns out, it actually takes a surprisingly long time to get a throw blanket positioned "just so", and god forbid a dog or person sits in the vicinity of the throw, and you might have to start all over again! 

1 comment: