Sunday, March 16, 2014

Loving upstate antiquing!

A busy weekend upstate is behind us-- lots of visitors and lots of antiquing. One of my favorite ways to spend a weekend, and a complete success on all fronts!



I picked up this tremendous vintage brass-framed mirror at a yard sale for $20.00! That baby is about 30" in diameter, weighs a small ton, and couldn't be more perfect for our bedroom. You've got to love bargain hunting in the Catskills; you pretty much have to try to come home empty-handed. The "new" mirror also inspired me to make a couple of final tweaks in the master bedroom, and things are really shaping up in there. It's hard to believe that a couple of weeks ago, we were still sleeping in a room with bare drywall and screw holes, and now it looks like this. What a relief/transformation! 



Check out the super cute vintage sunburst vases I also discovered this weekend-- 
$5.00 for the pair. I'm pretty sure that qualifies as a steal. 


What better way to welcome spring into our home?? 
(Hint, hint...)

2 comments:

  1. that's a great find..your bedroom is so beautiful....
    Love, Mona

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you turn off word verification, you may get more comments..someone had to tell me to do this on my own blog...

    ReplyDelete