Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Stairway to Heaven, revisited.

Believe it or not, we managed to cram a fair amount of home improvement into the 30 hours we were up at our house this weekend, including, but not limited to, painting a chocolate brown trim down both sides of our painted stair runner. This taps into the painted chocolate brown floor we now have running through the upstairs' hallway and bathrooms, so it's a nice tie-in from the upstairs (chocolate) and the downstairs (the green-grey from the kitchen cabinets was the source for the color of the runner up the stairs...)



Granted, it's still a work in progress, as I've got to go back up and tidy up the inevitable paint-tape leaks (there were plenty...) but if you squint your eyes, you can see that it's gonna be awesome eventually.

Gimme a couple weeks and I'll set it straightened out! 


1 comment:

  1. I like that idea. As I go from room to room, I often find myself switching from warm to cool colors without thinking about it. That works to bring them back together.

    ReplyDelete