Saturday, August 8, 2015

Brooklyn Big-Boy Bedding... And getting a little sidetracked.

Breaking news from the Salway-Moskowitz family: Our little man is growing up! Monday marks his third birthday, and just in time, he decided he was ready to make the move to a "big-boy-bed." Because I'm a ridiculous person, I already had this terrific mid-century bed frame waiting in our basement, so that part of the transition was an easy one. One, two, three, and he slept through the night on his big boy bed.

But what I didn't have planned was bed linen. The fun part!

Actually, I did have bed linen planned. I'd looked on IKEA's website a couple of weeks ago and found some real winners. Cheap, cute, color-scheme appropriate. I was psyched. I was ready. I was willing.

So you can imagine my dismay when I logged on yesterday to check stock at our local IKEA, only to discover that they'd all been discontinued or sold-out. ALL OF THE ONES I LIKED. I was like, "You've got to be f-ing kidding me. All of them?!?"

Back to the drawing board...

I found a couple of great contenders at West Elm, but everywhere I looked, everyone was sold out of twin-sized everything. I don't if that's a pre-college siege or what, but it was down right ridiculous. Navy Blue Whales from West Elm? Sold out. Pale seafoam dots from Martha Stewart? Sold out. Wide navy stripe on linen with an orange accent? PERFECT. Sold the f-out. What gives???? Cute navy, seafoam, orange plaid from West Elm? Only available as a queen. SMOTE again!

Looking at these again, I'm still so bummed out about them. Particularly the whale sheets. Be still my beating heart. But don't feel too sorry for us! Check back in tomorrow and you can see what I found instead...

No comments:

Post a Comment