Monday, March 5, 2012

They say patience is a virtue...

...so clearly I am not that virtuous, because I've had just about enough of waiting for the "big reveal" of our bathroom renovation. 


Granted, we have only ourselves to blame as we didn't exactly hunker down and "get-it-done" this weekend. (It's possible John and I focused a fair amount of this weekend on napping and cooking instead of painting...) so once we'd finished priming and painting the bathroom walls and trim, it was time to head back into the city, and everything was still too wet to put back our odds and ends. Oy. Another weekend of tweaking and perfecting awaits us!  


That's not to say that all of this work hasn't been worthwhile. Despite all our groaning, grumbling, and moaning, we're totally thrilled with the outcome so far: we love the new tile floor and think the new paint color is perfect too. The whole thing is feeling incredibly bright and springy-- it kind of gives me hope that winter will end just being in there-- however I think I'd feel even more hopeful if I didn't see a visual to-do-list every time I walked in. Hopefully the last things will be officially ticked off as of next weekend, and then I'm going to settle in for a long, relaxing bath! 


Sadly, while I'm taking said relaxing bath, John's going to be slaving away down in the kitchen, patching the colossal hole in our kitchen ceiling which was created by the leaking toilet from above. 


No rest for the wicked, eh? 

No comments:

Post a Comment